"In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured."
Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun at the Dwelley Home

The end of march Matt and I celebrated out 9th Anniversary. We got a sitter and went to dinner at a yummy sushi restaurant by our house. I can't believe 9 years have gone by. It really feels like we just got married. I have 4 fun kids and a husband that does so much for our family. I am a lucky girl. If not for Courtney getting me to go back to young single adults Matt and I may not have ever met. Thanks court your the best :)

2 weeks ago it was super hot then it got cold and on one of those days as we were sitting in the car waiting for Jonathan to get out of school it started hailing like crazy. Katelyn and Braden got out of the car and had a blast playing in the hail. I could not believe how much came down and how big they were. If Jonathan would have gotten out of school 5 min sooner he could have joined in the fun. I don't know if I have ever said it but I love where we live.


Braden protecting himself from the huge hail


Katelyn trying to catch some hail in her mouth.



All the hail that got on our car. It looked like it had just snowed.



Jonathan got to participate in the pine wood derby this year. He was a month behind but they let him join in the fun. He was so excited. We got him all his scout stuff and he was set to race his car. He was so proud of it. He designed it Dad cut it out and then he sanded and painted it. Matt helped put on the weights and wheels. Then off to the race. Jonathan thought for sure he had the #1 car. Unfortunately he had one of the slowest cars. He beat the first guy he raced (thank goodness) and that was it. He lost the rest. But I did get some good pictures of his one win.


The boys eating a baked potato like it was an apple.



Jonathan's is the blue car. The green one was the only car Jonathan beat.


His victory arms.



Getting his ribbon. He won Hottest car (because of the flames on it)



Finally I had my sewing class this week and we made shoes. I love them. I think I did pretty well for my first pair. I can't wait to make more. I think they are the cutest. Good thing Addi is so tiny and these type if shoes still work for her. When she out grows this style if you have a baby girl on the way you may just get some as a shower gift :)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are cute shoes! Good job!

Chiemi said...

Those shoes are so cute. Happy 9th!

Kellie said...

At first I thought those shoes were for you and I thought, "WOW she has small feet!" haha! Cute shoes and even CUTER kids! Happy Anniversary!

Tiffany J said...

9 years! That DID go by fast!! Congrats to you both though! I can't believe Jonathan is old enough for Scouts! Man...time is flyin! Your sewing class does some fun stuff! If only I had a girl!! I'd LOVE the shower gift ;)

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

ok, so how did i not know you had a blog? i found it from heather's. love the photo of the boys eating the potato:-) would love the file.
need to make some more shoes!
see ya in about 1 1/2 hours.
briana
www.journeywithjohnsons.blogspot.com