"In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured."
Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What we really have been up to

This last weekend Matt worked his tail off and got the sprinklers done and the grass layed. He is my hero. I love that guy and how hard he works for our family. I think I worked him too hard though cause now he is sick. So, I took advantage of one of his sick days and decided to start our garden. Along the back wall we have a mow strip for plants. I got a few from my aunt and uncle when they were down for Christmas (yes they are still alive) I planted those. And I took two bushes out of the front that we had replaced with other plants. Then I went to Lowe's and got 2 raspberry bushes and some strawberries. I'm not sure if my thumb is brown or green we will see if they are all still alive next month. I also layed some pavers down for a hopscotch in the play area. The kids love it. It was a fun addition I found on a web site. So, here are a few pictures of our mostly finished back yard. I love it, the kids love it, Matt is just happy the hard part is done :) Well, so he thinks we still have the swing set to put up.


4 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

The yard looks great!!! I bet you are so happy.

Katie and Mark said...

Amazing Danielle! That is a lot of hard work. You guys should be SO proud. It looks really fun and beautiful. I love that you are trying your hand at gardening. I've always thought it would be kinda' fun, but I don't think I'd be very good at it (especially in Vegas)! :)

When I visit my Mom this Summer, I'd love to visit you-

Aranne and Dan said...

The yard looks great. I love the hopscotch idea.. so fun. Here's to hoping you have a green thumb!!!

Unknown said...

It looks good! Now you can come and help us make our yard look nice too! :)